Friday, December 24, 2010

merry christmas!!

Good evening my readers! It's christmas eve now... I'm here wishing all my readers Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...

How's christmas eve going? Time flies... I didn't realize it's christmas eve now till yesterday morning i saw somebody's facebook comment about christmas eve tomorrow.. We are quitting later.. Going back to Brunei later afternoon or evening. How's business going on? I would say marketing and strategic planning is very important in business success.

What I have learnt, what kind of business you open related to the kind of customer you will attract. Just like opposite my shop there opened a new dessert shop, with a varieties of desserts available, nice interior and exterior designs as well as with air conditioned. They attract rich customers.... There were times i was sitting in my shop, spotting luxury cars like mercs, bmw, camry, lexus and so forth, they parked next to my shop and walked in to the dessert shop. These are Miri cars, with malaysia car plate. Miri people with these kind of cars can say like... they are very rich... Or should i say they are like bruneians keep spend spend and spend like there's no tomorrow? I found those rich aunties too, with branded bags and clothes, hair blew up till high like the mountain...! hahaha...

What about my cafe? What customers do we attract? Most of our customers drive like atos, proton cars, and so forth. Our customers are all very stingy people. Not all i suppose, maybe some are generous. I remembered there was an uncle came and ask the price of our leftover half stream chicken. I said RM 10 for half portion. That uncle gave a smelly face said, " what?? so expensive???! the next next shop only sell RM 16 or RM 17 for whole chicken and we sell RM10 for half portion so costly!!!" I still remember his smelly face!!! hahaha. He wants discount but we insist with our current price. My mum just went to ask the market price of steam chicken, and there goes rm 20+ for whole chicken ... and my brother said to me, " got RM 18!!!! that is years back!!"

What kind of business you do really attract what kind of customers... Our customers are mostly low income earners, while the dessert shop's customers are medium or high income. Or maybe it's still fresh i guess? My dad said, who would eat desserts everyday? It depends ... Just like kokoberry shop, taiwan ice shops, as well as shiki sushi restaurant, they are all located at our areas, and they closed down!!! Just few months away i see they are opened, and i wanted to try the taiwan ice and now??? Can you feel the creepiness which shop would be next??? My friend told me she heart shiki sushi restaurant moved... i'm not sure tho.. hopefully..

That's all i guess for now... It's very late and i gotta sleep now.. Goodnights !! ;)

No comments: